My Photo
Name:
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, United States

Just your average joe, with an unhealthy obsession with politics and news.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Telegraph | Opinion | I bet the Guardian editor 50 Pounds he's wrong

Telegraph | Opinion | I bet the Guardian editor 50 Pounds he's wrong
Great opinion piece in the London Telegraph this morning by Steyn discussing the Guardians attempt to persuade American voters to vote for Kerry. For the money quote ,by a local election official, go the end. I am of two minds on the Guardians true intentions here. The Guardian is a pretty liberal paper and I am sure the writers there would love to see ole King George packing, On the other hand they're not idiots. They must know that this would invoke some resentment and this effort could backfire on Kerry. Why do it? Marketing! Your not hearing the Independent , the Financial Times, or the LondonTimes on every ones lips. A British paper trying to make it an impact and swing the election to Kerry. Great Headlines. Certaintly the anti Guardian campaign that many bloggers have started produces even more print. Maybe I am being cynical of the folks at the Guardian but my gut tells me its all not about the purest of intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<