My Photo
Name:
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, United States

Just your average joe, with an unhealthy obsession with politics and news.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Guardian - Fair and Balanced as Always


Thanks for all the comments on my Kevin Sites defense. Everyone was quite sensible and civil. One comment I heard was the problem of inflaming anti Americanism among Arabs Its apparent that anti Americansim is very apparent in the Guardian. On the day that the Queen's Speech as well as the Ozzy Osborne heroics trying to stop a Robbery at his home( I not making that up) look what the Guardian does. How many days has it been since the incident? But the Guardian gives front page coverage to Sites letter on his blog. Then adds four pictures of the scene itself. Notice the investigation of the UK Troops(which is baseless from what I 've I have read geaux Blackwatch) is way down at the bottom. Priceless Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Len Kutchma said...

Aw man this is the kind of nonsense I was worried about. While I don't take anything the Guardian says seriously many others do. On the other hand, I suppose it doesn't really matter what the US does as the vehemently anti-US types will find fault everywhere - even where it doesn't exist.

November 23, 2004 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger MaxedOutMama said...

They're probably worried we're too dumb to notice if they don't make a big splash out of it.

November 23, 2004 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger In Actual Fact said...

What can I say - it's the Guardian. They serve their market sector, which is becoming more and more anti-American, anti-science, holier-than-thou idiotic. I used to be a subscriber, I was the university-educated, from the north of England reader that used to make up their core readership. Their core readership now seems to be a group of relatively-influential "idiotarians" based in London.
Even if I do accept their editorial bias - what's sad is that they make so many factual errors. Seeing their reporting of the war, as with the BBC, one notices they don't have any reporters who've served in the military. Mistakes litter just about every story. Compare and contrast to the embedded telegraph reporter you linked to the other day.

p.s. The Kevin Sites article was great!

November 23, 2004 at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<