My Photo
Name:
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, United States

Just your average joe, with an unhealthy obsession with politics and news.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Wow, well has the time flown, Well, alot of it this week has "flown" while I was on blogexplosion trying to get you people to visit my blog. So instead of taking a great deep look at myself or where I am going lets do what 34 year old men do, that is avoid the hard questions and go to something trivial.

PEOPLE WHO SHARE MY BIRTHDAY
To my great surprise Jesus shares my birthday. No, I not talking about a man of spanish or hispanic descent. I mean Jesus of the Second Person of the Holy Trinity fame. At least that is the viewpoint of ancient Church father and Theologian St. Clement of Alexandria. Don't believe me go here. For a bio of St Clement who has quickly in the last ten minutes or so gone to number one on my list of church fathers go here. Well Jesus is tough to beat but lets look at other noteables who were born today.
1887 - Field Marshal Bernard (Law) ‘Monty’ MontgomeryBritish Army commander of ground forces at Normandy landing [1944]; British Eighth Army; died Mar 24, 1976
-Since I share B-days with Monty I now believe he really got the shaft in Patton
1916 - Shelby Footehistorian, writer: The Civil War
- Wow he looks good for his age
1925 - Rock Hudson (Roy Harold Scherer Jr.)actor: McMillan and Wife, Giant, A Gathering of Eagles, Ice Station Zebra, Magnificent Obsession, Pillow Talk, Written on the Wind; died Oct 2, 1985
1942 - Martin Scorsesedirector: Mean Streets, The Color of Money, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, New York, New York, The Last Temptation of Christ, Cape Fear, Michael Jackson’s Bad video
1944 - Danny DeVitoEmmy Award-winning actor: Taxi [1980-81]; Twins, Batman Returns, Hoffa, The Jewel of the Nile, Romancing the Stone, Terms of Endearment, director: Throw Mama from the Train, The War of the Roses, Jack the Bear; married to actress Rhea Perlman
1948 - Howard Dean Governor and Democractic Presidential candidate wack job and loon
-Howard you must be smart if we share B-days pleaseeee run again or beetter yet get the head DNC job

FAMOUS EVENTS THAT OCCURRED ON NOVEMBER 17 1970
1970 - Elton John recorded an album live, on what was WABC-FM in New York City. It marked the first time that a concert was aired live and recorded for release as aired. The LP was titled, 11/17/70. (Wow thats sort of not that impressive, was everyone asleep at the wheel that day jeezzz)

FAMOUS EVENTS THAT OCCURED ON NOV 17 (ANY YEAR) THIS IS MORE IMPRESSIVE
1558 - Elizabeth I became Queen of England upon the death of Queen Mary this day. ‘Good Queen Bess’ ruled Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1558 to 1603 and during her reign, England became a world power
-YEAH AFTER SHE ROYALLY SCREWED THE CATHOLICS, OH WELL
1877 - The first production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s opera, The Sorcerer, was presented -- in London.
1954 - Golfer Arnold Palmer signed a contract with Wilson Sporting Goods and became a pro
1993 - The U.S. House of Representatives approved the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), by a vote of 234 to 200. The Senate voted 60 to 38 for approval of the legislation on November 20. The bill was signed into law by President Clinton on December 8, 1993. It took effect on January 1, 1994. Under NAFTA, the U.S., Canada, and Mexico become a single, integrated market with $6.5 trillion worth of goods and services
annually.
???- Also i read some place this is the day that William Tell shot the apple off his son's head.

WHAT OTHER DAYS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SHARE MY BIRTHDAY
Well for starters it Suez Canal Day. To learn more about thee Suez canal go here
Its also World Peace Day. Wow, maybe I can go to a World Peace day event dressed in a Kerry shirt ,and find some hot progressive chick to feel sorry for me and then later that night oh well lets not go there. To learn more about World Peace Day go here.
Finally I share my B-day with National Bladder Health Week. To learn more about continence go here

WHAT SHOULD I DO DURING THE DAY FOR MY BIRTHDAY
I will probally take most of my birthday off tomorrow(Criminal defendants are slow this year, well let me rephrase that there alot of people becoming criminal defendants since christmas is upon us. Lots of "shopping/shoplifting" at Dillards Target etc to help get christmas gifts but very few defendants hiring lawyers). So i will either (1)surf the web endlessly with blogexplosion in a seperate window so I can look every minute or so see if I am interested in the blog and then click and repeat the process 400 times. (2) read one of my favorite four books. Either The Prayer for Owen Meany(has an anti war undercurrent but its so funny and greatly written, The Lords of Discipline, great writing very vivid and sensual for a male writer, The Stand, The best Stephen King Novel ever, or The Witching Hour, Ann Rice's greatest book- and how her latest ones have sucked so badly, (3)Contemplate where I am going in Life --nope thats off, (4 )veg out and watch all my favorite shows on tv Comments suggestions

3 Comments:

Blogger ladydaria said...

)-(appy Birthday! Have a beautiful day! :-)


Dariana
http://dariana.tblog.com (My main blog)

November 17, 2004 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger darcey said...

Happy B-day from dustmybroom. - Hey you forgot Scorsese and the blues! No prob I forgive you

November 17, 2004 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Herobill said...

well, I was searching for Jesus and I also found a fellow Tiger!

Like the blog... even if it's not real up to date.

Go Tigers!

May 27, 2005 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<