My Photo
Name:
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, United States

Just your average joe, with an unhealthy obsession with politics and news.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Iraq Military Bloggers Shows That Even In Iraq Christmas Shopping Starts Bfore Thanksgiving

The Questing Cat
If you like Iraq and Afgan military bloggers like I do this guy is one to put on your list he is the questingcat. Besides telling some gripping stories he tells about his other observations from the great to the mundane. Here is a link to his trip to the px in Iraq. LInk above an excerpt below.
just got back from LSA Anaconda and its glorious PX. I walked in the front door and I'll be damned if there wasn't a Christmas tree sitting there! I shook my head and continued on my way, making a beeline for the CDs (my two addictions are sex and rock & roll), where I was greeted with some puny garlands. I picked up some CDs (Bat Out of Hell Live, MTV Headbangers Ball Vol. 2, and s'more), then went looking for Easy Mac. I scoured the food aisles but turned up only disappointment, so I resigned myself to a case of Code Red and got into the checkout line. Looking around, I saw lots of Chrismas posters up on the walls--"Every Gift is Magic"--more garlands, and even a few ornaments. It's not even Thanksgiving yet! At least, out here, AAFES had the decency to wait until after Halloween: back home I know the Christmas decorations hit the shelves about a week after Indepenance Day.

7 Comments:

Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

October 4, 2005 at 5:23 AM  
Blogger Den said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my Gifts related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.

October 5, 2005 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger The Home Theater Wizard said...

Wow, I was just messing around and found your page!
Very nice.
If you are interested, go see my christmas gifts related site.
It isnt anything fancy but you might still find something of interest.

October 6, 2005 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

October 13, 2005 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://wsyajkuq.com/emmf/tezp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://denxbtwl.com/ujfa/spdg.html]Cool site[/url]

September 27, 2006 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

September 27, 2006 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://wsyajkuq.com/emmf/tezp.html | http://kyqjqwon.com/pwey/xtdo.html

September 27, 2006 at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<