My Photo
Name:
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, United States

Just your average joe, with an unhealthy obsession with politics and news.

Friday, November 12, 2004

KRT Wire | 11/12/2004 | Foreign fighters now reviled by Fallujah residents

KRT Wire | 11/12/2004 | Foreign fighters now reviled by Fallujah residents
This might be the most important message sent because of this campaign great read excerpts below.

The turning point for a young man named Hudaifa came the day he saw a Yemeni fighter whipping an Iraqi in a public square. He recalled his humiliation this week in a conversation with other Fallujah residents now in Baghdad. Still fearful, the men asked that their last names not be published.

"An outsider beating an Iraqi in his own town?" Hudaifa asked, outrage still in his voice. "It's such a shame for us."

Other residents said foreign militants wore out their welcome months ago, when they imposed a Taliban-like interpretation of Islamic law that included public floggings for suspects accused of drinking alcohol or refusing to grow beards. Women who failed to cover their hair or remove their makeup were subjected to public humiliation. Those accused of spying for Americans were executed on the spot, residents said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Great Blog, from a fellow Lousianian. I traced back to your blog through maxedoutmama. I really loved the one about the Bush voter in a Bra, that is close to where I vote. I am in Iraq right now, come over and check out my blog.

November 13, 2004 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
I was in love with your blog site.

December 3, 2005 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<